Thursday, May 16, 2013

Disco line


Do I know this guy? Maybe I do and maybe I don't. I've known a lot of fat guys in my time. They all wore their fatness like a badge of pride. The fool in this picture --- do I call him that? He might come back with, "The Bible says you're not supposed to call people fools." Does your Good Book say anything about dancing with cows? Or dancing disco with a line of cows framing you as if they're a stillife? I don't pretend to know the answers to deep questions circling the disco ball of the earth and accompanying cosmos. But it's like this. Years ago, my friend Steve and I saw Chris Farley, his fat gut bobbing, as he auditioned for Chippendales, cheered on by a muscular Patrick Swayze, on Saturday Night Live. "What'd'ya think of the fat guy?" I asked my buddy.

"I love him," he said.

It's kind of like listening to a Muddy Waters tune about getting a hook on with some big, smokin', up-to-here, dusky thing. You gotta love it.

Christmas parody letter 2018

Ho! ho! ho! Everybody. It's Christmas time again and I hope you're feeling jolly and that your yuletide is gay. May you all be d...