Saturday, December 19, 2015

Takin' bait

I fucked around with people this morning.
I awoke at 6 a.m. Looked at the Android phone to my side. Checked out Facebook. My liberal friend, Janis, posted accurately saying the Obama White House was the first First Family in 30 years to have no scandal (e.g. Iran-Contra, Savings and Loan, WMD) first to have no drunken children (e.g. George and the Bush Twins, who to be fair have done nothing I haven’t done) and no infidelities like Bill “I did not have (finger waving) sexual relations with that woman.”
The Obamas are the picture of family values, yet, as the meme said, “Racist conservatives hate them because of the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.”
“That’s bullshit,” the good Christian conservative lady posted.
“This is Janis’s wall,” I posted back. “Why not bash on your fellow right-wingers’ walls and let others be?”
“Oh I’m sorry, Jeff. I didn’t realize this was YOUR wall.”
“Just sticking up for a friend,” I said. “God bless you.”
“I hate Obama because he wrecked this economy and made this country look like shit in foreign affairs,” she hit back. “I don’t need you liberal ‘Christians’ accusing me of being racist for hating that Muslim.”
“I try to be a good Christian. (I believe in the separation of church and state.) I don’t hate anyone. I believe reputable news organizations and information sources prove wrong what you say but the great thing about this country is we have freedom of speech and can say nasty things about the president even if they’re untrue. We have it pretty good in America, especially since we’re white. Merry Christmas.”
“Go fuck yourself,” she said.
Janis said she didn’t go for hateful racist Republicans. Then I saw another troll.
A man named Roy Buckle commented: “So unfair.”
“You have a confederate flag on your Facebook wall, Mr. Buckle,” I said. “And you like a meme that says, ‘Say what you want about George W. Bush but he killed a lot of Arabs.’ Just substitute the word, ‘blacks,’ for Arabs. Nothing racist about you.”
“Just substitute the word retard for Guy.”
“I wouldn’t call you names, Mr. Buckle. Also, it’s considered socially inappropriate to use disparaging terms for people with developmental disabilities. By the way, Obama killed bin Laden.”
“Obama didn’t kill shit. You called me racist, you retard.”
“The actual words were, ‘Nothing racist about you.'”
Roy Buckle responded to the “hatred,” the “unfairness,” the way it hurt his feelings that Janis would equate confederate flag waving Tea Partyers with white supremacists.
“Hit a little close to home?” I asked.
“Fuck off! I don’t want to talk to you.”
“Then why do you keep talking?”
                   "Drug Store Truck Drivin' Man" -- The Byrds

Christmas parody letter 2018

Ho! ho! ho! Everybody. It's Christmas time again and I hope you're feeling jolly and that your yuletide is gay. May you all be d...